Monday, August 27, 2007

August 27 - Becoming His People

Today's Reading:
O.T. - Zechariah 1 - 3
N.T. - Romans 12:1-8

Focus Verses: Zechariah 2:10-13

10 "Shout and be glad, O Daughter of Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you," declares the LORD. 11 "Many nations will be joined with the LORD in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the LORD Almighty has sent me to you. 12 The LORD will inherit Judah as his portion in the holy land and will again choose Jerusalem. 13 Be still before the LORD, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling."

Insight:

The restoration of Israel and its release from captivity are prophesied by Zechariah. God's presence among the people of Israel and their reverence for him were at the heart of everything. Renewal is rooted in relationship with God.

Response and Action:
I want to be a person of God who is being renewed and transformed by his grace. I must be responsive to all God is doing to save and redeem people. I will praise God and cultivate an awareness of his presence.

Be near me, O God, and give me a strong and true sense of your presence. Help me to live for you and to love you with all my heart and soul. Open my mouth and my lips will declare your praise. Amen.

Proverbs: 27:1
"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth."

Resources:
Practicing God's Presence: Brother Lawrence For Today's reader
by Robert Elmer & Brother Lawrence