Saturday, December 30, 2006

December 30 - Writing on My Heart

Today's Reading:
O.T. - 1 Samuel 21 - 23
N.T. - 2 Corinthians 2:5 - 3:6

Focus Verses: 2 Corinthians 3:2-3
2You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. 3You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Insight:
My life is a living letter of what is written on my heart. The work of the Holy Spirit in my life is like a written letter to all who see me and know me.

Response and Action:
I want my life to be a testimony of truth. I want my actions and my words to give evidence of my love for Christ Jesus and my desire to live my life as he would live it if he were in my place. I must give my heart and mind to the reading and meditation of God's written word, the scriptures, so that my life can be guided by it (Ps. 119:9-11). I must seek the guidance and power of the Holy Spirit to life this way. I must desire to have God's will, character, and calling written on my heart.

O Holy Spirit, make my life a living letter of the truth, grace, and hope in Christ. O God, by the power of your Holy Spirit, lead, teach, transform, shape, and strengthen me, that I might delight in your will and walk in your ways to the glory of your name. Help me to fully surrender to the Lordship of Jesus and the leading of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Proverbs: 30:5
"Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."

Resources:
Renovation of the Heart: Putting on the Character of Christ
by Dallas Willard