Saturday, June 09, 2007

June 9 - God Forsaken

Today's Reading:
O.T. - Isaiah 1 - 3
N.T. - 2 Timothy 3

Focus Verses: Isaiah 1:3-5
3 The ox knows his master, the donkey his owner's manger, but Israel does not know, my people do not understand." 4 Ah, sinful nation, a people loaded with guilt, a brood of evildoers, children given to corruption! They have forsaken the LORD; they have spurned the Holy One of Israel and turned their backs on him. 5 Why should you be beaten anymore? Why do you persist in rebellion? Your whole head is injured, your whole heart afflicted.

Insight:
Turning away from God and turning to evil results in injury and affliction. To rebel against God is to do harm to one's self. Corruption is self-destructive.

Response and Action:
I will surrender myself to God and submit to him. I will trust God with all my heart and look to him for wisdom, truth, and understanding. I will study the Scriptures and let them guide and teach me.

O God, help me to live for you and through you in thought, word, and deed. Help me to turn away from what is wrong and do right. Help me to love you with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength. Lead me away from temptation and deliver me from evil. Grant me the wisdom and the will to guard my heart, feed my spirit, stimulate my mind, and care for my body. Help me to know and honor you. Don't let me stray from you or forsake you. Through Christ, Amen.

Proverbs: 9:6
"Leave your simple ways and you will live; walk in the way of understanding."

Resources:
Can Man Live Without God
by Ravi Zacharias