Friday, September 14, 2007

September 14 - The Right Path

Today's Reading:
O.T. - Psalm 119:105 - 128
N.T. - Titus 2

Focus Verses:
Psalm 119:127-128
127 Because I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold, 128 and because I consider all your precepts right, I hate every wrong path.

Insight:
The psalmist considered God's word to be right and more precious than gold. It follows, then, that everything that anything that led him astray from God's commands, he considered to be worthless. Anything that contradicted God's precepts, he considered to be wrong.

Response and Action:
If I am to accept God's word as true, I will have to reject things that are contrary to it. If I consider God's word to be true and valuable, I will have to consider things that counter it to be false and worthless. To truly follow God's word, I will need to forsake everything that contradicts it.

O God, help me to know and understand your Holy Word. Give me a love for truth and the testimony of Scripture. Help me to value the Bible and to demonstrate my love for your Word as I study and apply it every day. Amen.

Proverbs: 14:8
"The wisdom of the prudent is to give thought to their ways, but the folly of fools is deception."

Resources:
How to Read the Bible Book by Book: A Guided Tour
by Gordon Fee