Wednesday, December 06, 2006

December 6 - Beautiful Feet

Today's Reading:
Old Testament:
Joshua 11 - 13
New Testament:
Romans 9:30 - 10:21

Focus Verses: Romans 10:11-15
11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." 14How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Insight:
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved. Salvation is given to all who place their trust in Christ Jesus. People cannot believe something unless that something is placed before them. The message of Jesus -- the good news of salvation -- must be seen and heard if people are to believe it. God is revealing this truth through scripture, through his creation, and through his people, the church.

Response and Action:
My trust is in the Lord, Christ Jesus. I believe that Jesus is God's salvation for all who will believe. I want to share the truth of Jesus so that others will see and hear good news and believe in Jesus, and in believing find salvation. I must draw close to Jesus each day of my life; the closer I am to him, the more I will know him, and the easier it will be share him. My obedience to Christ, my worship of him, my reading and meditation of scripture, my prayers, my service, my thoughtfulness, and my everyday experience as a follower of Jesus will all help me share him more effectively with others.

How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news, O God! There is no better news than the message of salvation through Jesus. Thank you, O Lord, for the hope and life I have received through faith in Jesus. Help me to grow in my faith and to live out my salvation each day. Thank you for the ways you have sent the good news to me. Thank you for the people who have been a witness to me. Help me, O God, by your grace and the transforming power of your Spirit, to be a source of good news to the people around me. Please help me to help others find the truth of Jesus. Amen.

Proverbs: 6:23
"For these commands are a lamp, this teaching is a light, and the corrections of discipline are the way to life..."

Resources:
How to Give Your Faith Away
by Paul E. Little