Monday, November 20, 2006

November 20 - My Faithful Provider

Today's Reading:
Old Testament: Deuteronomy 1 - 2
New Testament: Acts 21:37 - 22:29

Focus Verses:
Deuteronomy 2:7
"7 The LORD your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands. He has watched over your journey through this vast desert. These forty years the LORD your God has been with you, and you have not lacked anything."

Insight:
God took care of the Israelites during all their travels in the wilderness, even though their wandering in the wilderness was a punishment for lack of faith and obedience. God did not abandon his children or fail to meet their needs.

Response and Action:
My failures to believe in God or obey God can result in missed blessings and a more difficult journey. Even when God's hand of discipline or punishment is on me, he will not abandon me or fail to provide for me.

O God, make me quick to obey you and strong in faith toward you. Thank you for being faithful to take care of me even when I fail you. Be my guide, my strength, and my provider, by the power grace of your Spirit, through Christ Jesus. Amen.

Proverbs: 20:22
"Do not say, 'I'll pay you back for this wrong!' Wait for the LORD, and he will deliver you."

Resources:
Trusting God: Even When Life Hurts
by Jerry Bridges