Monday, September 01, 2008

September 1 - Every Wrong Path

The new Useful Breath reading schedule will begin on Monday, September 15, 2008. Please invite friends and family to join us as we read through the Bible once again.

The new Sept. 2008 - August 2009 schedule will be available for you to download soon. Until then, our daily readings will be centered on the importance of Scripture in our lives. Keep reading!


Overview of: Bible FAQs

Today's Reading:

Psalm 119:105-128
"Guidance from the Word"

Focus Verses:
Psalm 119:127-128
127 Because I love your commands more than gold, more than pure gold, 128 and because I consider all your precepts right, I hate every wrong path.

Insight:
The psalmist considered God's word to be right and more precious than gold. It follows, then, that everything that anything that led him astray from God's commands, he considered to be worthless. Anything that contradicted God's precepts, he considered to be wrong.

Response and Action:
If I am to accept God's word as true, I will have to reject things that are contrary to it. If I consider God's word to be true and valuable, I will have to consider things that counter it to be false and worthless. To truly follow God's word, I will need to forsake everything that contradicts it.

O God, help me to know and understand your Holy Word. Give me a love for truth and the testimony of Scripture. Help me to value the Bible and to demonstrate my love for your Word as I study and apply it every day. Amen.

Proverb for Today: Prov. 1:7
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline."

Recommended Resource:
How to Read the Bible Book by Book: A Guided Tour
by Gordon Fee