Wednesday, September 03, 2008

September 3 - When I'm Lost

The new Sept. 2008 - August 2009 schedule will be available for you to download soon. The first day of the new reading schedule is September 15th. Invite others to read with you this year!

Overview of: Bible FAQs

Today's Reading:

Psalm 119:153-176
"Remembering and Reverence"

Focus Verses:
Psalm 119:174-176
174 I long for your salvation, O LORD, and your law is my delight. 175 Let me live that I may praise you, and may your laws sustain me. 176 I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands.

Insight:
Even those who delight in God's law can stray from it. Getting lost doesn't mean that you've forgotten God's commands. The psalmist asks God to seek him out when he strays, and to bring him back to the truth.

Response and Action:
As a person who calls out to God for help, I must be ready to obey the direction of God's Word. Knowing God's word helps me know how to live and what choices to make. It also helps me know when I have strayed or lost my way. I will seek God with all my heart, but I will also ask God to seek and save me!

O God, teach me your ways. Guide me in your truth and teach me. When I stray, O Lord, please seek me and bring me back to the green pastures and still waters of your truth and blessing. Thank you for Jesus, who came to seek and save the lost. Amen.

Proverb for Today: Prov. 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

Recommended Reading:

Reading the Bible With Heart and Mind
Tremper Longman