Thursday, October 12, 2006

October 12 - Real Satisfaction

Today's Reading:
Old Testament: Exodus 15-16
New Testament: John 4

Focus Verses: John 4:13-14
13Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

Insight:
Jesus is the Messiah. He saves and shows us the Father. He is the source of real satisfaction. Earthly and temporal things may satisfy for a moment or a day, but Jesus satisfies forever. He not only quenches the soul's thirst, he plants a spring of living water that wells up from within the soul and lasts for eternity.

Response and Action:
I want contentment, peace, and satisfaction. Doesn't everyone? Very few things in this world satisfy, and those that do only seem to satisfy for a moment. Where am I looking for soul satisfaction? What things am I turning to? None of them will satisfy like Jesus.

O Lord Jesus, be my vision. Be the object of my deepest desires. Draw me nearer to you. help me to know you more. Help me to remember that only you can truly satisfy. Help me to find peace and fullness in you. May your presence in my life be a spring of satisfaction in my heart and soul.


Proverbs: 12:28
28 In the way of righteousness there is life; along that path is immortality.

Resources:
The Satisfied Heart
by Ruth Myers