Tuesday, October 03, 2006

October 3 - Peace & Hope

Todays Reading: Genesis 41-42 Luke 19

Focus Verses: Luke 19:41-44
41As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it 42and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. 43The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and encircle you and hem you in on every side. 44They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God's coming to you."

Insight:
Peace is often forfeited and suffering not averted because the source of peace is not recognized and the presence of God is not acknowledged.

Application:
O Lord, what peace am I missing today because I am failing to recognize you as the source of peace? What hardships will I have to face in the future if I fail to acknowledge your presence with me today? Help me to know your peace and to practice your presence today. I acknowledge Jesus as the source of peace -- Immanuel, God with us.

Proverbs: 3:5-6
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Resources:
CSF Bible Reading Plan
Tips for Bible Reading and Personal Application