Monday, October 09, 2006

October 9 - Know Jesus, Know God

Today's Reading:
Old Testament: Exodus 8-9
New Testament: John 1

Focus Verses: John 1:18
18No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

Insight:
Jesus is God and is with God. "The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." (Jn. 1:14) Jesus' revealing God and truth is a major theme in the Gospel of John.

Response and Action:
Jesus said, "Whoever has seen me has seen the Father" (John 14:9). The more I know Jesus, the more I will know God. I must do everything possible to know Jesus. Jesus is the best and most reliable source for knowing God. Dear God, help me to know Jesus through your Spirit, your word, your church, and your people. I want to know you God. Thank you for Jesus who shows me who you are and makes it possible for me to have a relationship with you.

Proverbs: 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Resources:
Who Is this Jesus?
by Michael Green